A couple weeks back, the super sweet Emily of MonsterLady’s Diary nominated me for a Real Neat Blog Award. If you’ve been following my blog for some time now, you probably know that I took an extended break from blogging a little while back. I started back up last month and I’ve been having so much fun, so getting a nomination from a blogger that I love reading was definitely encouragement for me to keep at it!
First off, thank you for the nomination, Emily! If you’ve never checked out her blog, you really should. She blogs about all kinds of geeky goodness along with personal, lifestyle posts. Check out her latest posts here.
- Display the award logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers.
- Ask them seven questions.
1. Do you like your media digital or physical?
Definitely digital. I don’t think anything can beat reading a physical book, but the convenience of all things digital…I can’t get enough of it, honestly.
2. If you could learn any type of dance, what would it be?
I’m totally not the dancing type! So my honest answer would be no dance, because I don’t enjoy dancing 😛 But if I had to pick one, I’ve always thought that belly dancing was really cool.
3. What do you love most about being a geek?
The geek girl community. Growing up, I had a hard time fitting in and it’s never been very easy for me to find people who will geek out with me over my fandoms. Luckily, with the internet and blogging, I’ve managed to connect with a bunch of awesome, geeky women. If you haven’t joined yet, the Geek Girls x Bloggers and Geek Blogs Unite Facebook groups are great communities full of supportive geeks. Check them out!
4. What’s the latest game you’ve got into?
I actually haven’t felt much like gaming lately except on my phone, but I’ve been obsessed with Clash Royale. It can be incredibly frustrating at times and it’s definitely pay-to-win, but I’ve managed to do a fair amount of winning without spending a bunch of money (though not going to lie, I’ve spent some money on it) and even though I suck at it sometimes, I still love it.
5. If you’re a Netflix user, what original series are you looking forward to?
I had been waiting on the edge of my seat for the new Stranger Things, but since that’s over for a while now, I’m getting really excited for the new season of BoJack Horseman. I held off on watching BoJack for a long time because I didn’t think I’d be into it, but once I finally binged it a couple seasons back, I fell completely in love. It’s one of my top 5 favorite shows now and I’m super stoked to hear that the creators are up for an Emmy this year.
6. If you could have one thing only from your favourite movie(s) what would it be?
Oooh, that’s a really tough question to answer! Can I say Loki? Haha, just kidding. Um, I think I’ll go with a Time Turner. Think of all the fun stuff you could get done with one of those!
7. What’s your favourite hobby that doesn’t involve a screen?
Writing. I’ve always found writing to be cathartic, and even though I do a lot of my writing on a screen now, I still love writing with pen and paper whenever I get the chance.
- What is your absolute favorite fandom?
- If you could travel the world with any fictional character, who would it be?
- What book (or comic) have you read over and over again?
- If you could bring back any finished show for a new season, which one would you bring back?
- Which fictional world would you want to live in?
- When did you first realize you were a geek? (Question snagged from Megan because it’s a great one.)
- Why did you start blogging?
…and anyone else who wants to join in ♥