I was recently nominated for the Liebster award by one of my favorite blogging gals, miss Kay of My Open Sketchbook! I’m super flattered because duh, Kay is awesome and how cool is it to be recognized by a blogger you adore? I’ve always loved posts like this because I really do think it’s fun getting to know the person behind the blog. So I hope you’re ready to learn all about the lady geek behind this little blog! But first, we need to go over some Liebster guidelines:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next
- Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination
- What would your Patronus take the form of? Definitely a cat.
- How old are you in your youngest memory? (Bonus: Share the memory if you’re comfortable with that!) I’m two. I’m at Chuck E. Cheese’s for my birthday and I’m dancing with the animatronic band. Okay, I’m not sure if it’s so much a memory as just a vivid recollection of a story my mom told all the time, but I feel like I remember being there, so I’m counting it!
- Given the chance to be immortal, would you take it? Oh yeah! I hope that some sort of crazy technology to keep me alive for 100+ years will be invented within my lifetime because I feel like there are so many amazing things left to see!
- Do you collect anything? Funko Pops and beer bottles!
- What is the place where you feel most content? Aside from my home, I’d say Cambria. It’s this sweet little beach town on the Central coast of California, and it’s been one of my favorite places to be since I was a little kid. I also feel super content in (this is going to sound a little weird) hotel rooms. It doesn’t really matter where I’m visiting, I just love being in a hotel! I think because it means I don’t have to worry about my real life problems for the time being=P
- Do your prefer shoes on or bare feet in warm weather? I prefer shoes off no matter what!
- Favorite dessert? Oh man, that’s a tough one. I’d say pumpkin pie with gobs of whipped cream on top. So much whipped cream that you can even see the slice of pie, you know what I mean?
- Are you superstitious? Not at all. I’m a bit of a boring realist.
- Do you have a favorite video game franchise? I do! It’s definitely Warcraft. I played video games here and there before World of Warcraft, but I never considered myself a ‘gamer’ before getting into WoW. It’s a huge part of my life and I’m truly grateful to Blizz for making such an epic game. I have some disagreements with the changes Blizzard makes every now and then, but in all reality, I’ve never played a game that makes me feel quite like World of Warcraft does.
- What is your least favorite drink? Hm, I feel like I’ve tried a lot of yucky drinks throughout my life. I’m going to go with the first that comes to mind and say light beer in general. Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light…you get the picture. No thank you!
- What was the last thing you laughed about? My cat being ridiculous. Sometimes she rolls around on the floor and meows all crazy at us for attention, and I just can’t help but laugh. She’s so cute it hurts, you know?
And here are eleven random things about me!
- I wasn’t a big fan of cats before my first kitty, Roland, was born. The second I saw her, I fell in love and was pretty much instantly transformed into a crazy cat lady.
- My favorite actor is Jason Schwartzman. If he is in a movie, I will see that movie.
- I’m really into beer. Like, really really into beer. My ultimate dream job is to open my own brewery!
- I’ve rocked bangs for most of my life. I started growing them out about five years ago and I think all the time about getting my bangs back.
- I only watched a few episodes of the first season of Doctor Who before skipping ahead to the last episode. Please don’t hate me for that! Don’t get me wrong, Christopher Eccleston is great! He just wasn’t my jam and I really wanted to understand what all the fuss was about. David Tennant changed my mind about the show and got me hooked!
- The first anime I watched as an adult was Afro Samurai, and it’s still one of my very favorites.
- I was painfully shy as a kid. I remember whispering what I wanted to my mom so that she could order for me when we went to McDonald’s. I just couldn’t bring myself to talk to people!
- Despite growing up extremely shy and awkward, I spent my first year working at the courthouse as a Jury Services clerk, which involved standing up in front of up to 800 strangers daily to give them the rundown on jury service. Can you imagine doing roll call for 800 people? It was a nightmare.
- I’ve seen the band Between the Buried and Me in concert seven times. The next band to come close would be Coheed and Cambria, who I’ve seen three times.
- I played clarinet in band for eight years. During high school, I was first chair in concert band all four years and the clarinet section leader for two years. I genuinly consider those four years to be some of the best in my life, all because of band.
Sorry for the crappy quality, but I’m the super cool lady pirate with the clarinet, fifth from the left=P
- I knew my husband, Gary, for about five years before we started dating. I distinctly remember bringing my ex-boyfriend to a party and him getting into an argument with Gary over samurai (don’t even ask, I don’t know). I remember being SO MAD because of all the people at the party, he just HAD to argue with the smartest guy there? So yeah, now I’m married to the smartest guy I know!
Brittany of xoGeekLadies, if this type of post isn’t really your thing, please don’t feel bad about not joining in! My feelings won’t be hurt. I just enjoy reading your blogs and wanted to send a little love your way! If you’d like to participate, here are my questions for you:
- Who was your childhood celebrity crush?
- Do you have any recurring dreams?
- What Hogwarts house were you sorted into and do you agree with your placement?
- Do you have a go-to late night snack?
- If the Doctor showed up on your doorstep and asked you to be his (or her!) companion, would you go?
- Who’s your favorite villain?
- What is your favorite game, video or tabletop?
- If you had to trade lives with any Disney character, who would it be?
- Are you a cat person, dog person, or neither?
- Do you have a favorite Miyazaki movie?
- What do you love most about yourself?