Hi friends! Did you know that today marks twenty years since Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone was published? Geez, twenty years already?!
I remember my best friend showing me the book when it first released in the US, a year after it came out in the UK. She raved about it and let me borrow her copy, and I was instantly hooked. Looking back on that, it’s so strange to think that I’ve known Harry, Hermione, and Ron for most of my life at this point. I have no idea where or who I’d be if J.K. Rowling hadn’t shared her magic with us, and I’m grateful to have been a part of such a beautiful fandom for so long.
The Harry Potter franchise means many things to many people, and I wanted to spread the love by sharing a round-up of some of my favorite links all about the Boy Who Lived. Enjoy!
- We’ll start off the celebration with Potter Talk’s ‘10 Ways to Celebrate Harry Potter’s 20th Anniversary.’ I’ll definitely be doing #9 from Katy’s list this weekend!
- Celeste from Pretty Geekery has been trying recipes from the world of Harry Potter and these Cauldron Cakes look especially yummy.
- They’d be the perfect treat for a Harry Potter party! Check out Melificent’s tips for a magical party that any muggle could host:)
- Have you seen Kay’s gorgeous Harry, Hermione, and Ron quote prints? They’re out of stock right now, but they still deserve all the attention because they’re gorgeous.
- Danielle of From Girlie to Nerdy has a super easy Harry Potter wand DIY up on her blog, and the results came out so magical!
- Speaking of DIYs, Jessica created a Harry Potter version of the Guess Who board game on her blog The Nifty Nerd. This would be awesome at any Harry Potter-themed celebration, right?
- Lastly, I couldn’t devote a link love post to Harry Potter without including this amazing Yer A Wizard top by Jordandené, because duh, it’s perfection.
Over to you!
How are you celebrating the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter today? Let me know in the comments below!